Saturday, December 26, 2020

The Weirdest of Holidays

How were your holidays? We've had a weird go of it this year, just like everyone else.
A portrait of Meg as usual being my mirror. Expressing the wariness and concern I had for even going out of our house to see our family in person. We were outdoors, all of us with our masks on, six feet apart, no hugging, very brief visits to drop off and open our presents. But, hey,  at least we got to lay eyes on each other. And we got to split a honey-baked ham with my parents, we brought them sides, they gave us ham-to-go. My daughter and her partner made us tiramisu and egg salad sammies and tea which we ate outside on their stoop. We opened presents just as the rain started. It was worth all the driving, because we got to see our people. And I got to pass on my old art table to them too. Glad to see it getting used instead of taking up room in our garage.

We came home and had our Christmas dinner, just DH and DS and me, giving thanks that we're together, warm, safe, healthy and relatively happy. After dinner DH and I watched the new Wonder Woman 1984 movie. Loved it, they really captured the vibe of the 80's and the movies of that era. I would have enjoyed seeing it on the big screen in a movie theater, but alas, not to be this year. 

HBO had the 1970's Wonder Woman tv show up next, and I watched the pilot episode. Talk about a blast from the past. It was so over-the-top and campy. Some terrible overacting also, very very 70's. Then there was this scene where they were wearing masks in the hospital. Brought me right out of the story seeing those masks being worn. But then they started talking about Wonder Woman. "She was strangely dressed, very attractive, quite strong and unfemininely pushy." That's when I remembered why I was so into WW.

Anyways, hope your holidays were as good as possible and that you stayed safe. 

No comments: