Sunday, December 20, 2020

Last of 2020

 

Here are the very last fabric buys of 2020 for me. First, from Spoonflower, a yard of the Calamityware design, Things Could Be Worse. I will either make napkins or placemats to go with our plates. And two of the matchstick quilting panels in case I jump off the waitlist in to the class with Cassandra Beaver. She has instructions on her blog, so if I don't get into the class I can try it out myself with these panels. I noticed that Spoonflower had masks and mask making kits for sale as well, but I didn't buy any.
From Sewtopia, I bought the RubyStar mask panel, a lot of those designs are really cute, and I'm definitely keeping the octopus one for myself. I got the Ruby Star Rising Alma Field Rising in Persimmon for the center of my Lone Round Robin quilt for SBAMQG. If I get it done in time it will be in the PVQA exhibit. And one more Ruby Star, the cool stripe on the left. I loved the mint chocolate truffle they included in the package, yum.
From SFBayQuilts, I got a Marcia Derse panel and the Kona solid Grellow for the SBAMQG Block of the Every Other Month. Such a perfect name for that color, Grellow. They threw in a freebie which is that cute Paris print.
And for local pickup, from Hart's Fabric I got three solids for SBAMQG Block of the Every Other Month, and a pack of bobbins. Memo to me, the back door of Hart's is inaccessible because of having to limit how many people at a time come in the store, so don't park there unless you want to walk around the whole building. And Hart's has a fabric they're recommending for mask making, it's a very finely woven cotton, smooth and soft, the one on the right, this one is a brick red. 

I'm still waiting on a package from Fabric Bubb that has the last of the Kona solids I need for the BOTEOM, so this isn't strictly *the last of 2020* after all. 

1 comment:

Jaye said...

I got some mask panels by Judy Coates Perz from Spoonflower. I haven't made them yet, of course, but they are on my list. She has an octopus print in the group as well and I earmarked that one for myself also. What is it about octopi?