Saturday, December 12, 2020

Bigger Feet

 

I'm finding that I'm still getting used to the size of the feet that work on my new sewing machine. On the left is the foot from my old machine, and on the right, the same foot for the new one. The cross-bar part where you clip in the foot is 9mm wide, it's quite substantial and solid feeling. I think it gives noticeably better control of the fabric as you sew. At first I was a little bummed that my old feet don't fit, but I'm over it now that I've figure that out.

A new 1/4" foot and a walking foot is on the way, and a box to fit all the feet in. A little weird that this machine didn't come with one for some reason. The Janome website is terrible for figuring out what foot goes with which machine, so I hope I ordered the right ones. 

2 comments:

Jaye said...

I am glad to know that the larger feet feel more substantial and provide better control over the fabric. GREAT to know.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Glad that helps. I'll let you know what I think about the walking foot once it arrives and I try it out.