Friday, March 19, 2021

Tassels Again



Once I had the Sizzix cutter out and cutting out tassels out of card stock, I couldn't help trying it out on something a little more flexible. In my scrap basket the Color Catchers I used after the red fabric dye rescue were waiting for me. They're just about *almost* fabric so I tried them out on the tassel die. They cut out perfectly.
This is what the piece that's been cut looks like when you take it off the Sizzix die. The die includes a little separate rectangle to use as a hanger for the tassel. The first card stock I tried it out on was plain white so I marked it up a little so it would be more interesting once it was rolled up. But first I glue-sticked the hanger on the top.
I rolled all the card stock and the color catcher tassels up, using lots of glue stick and then secured them at the tops to dry with binder clips. I used two pieces of card stock on the dual colored tassels because I just thought they looked better that way.

They turned out pretty cool and I think I might string them up with the stars I made with the CriCut.  You'll note, I have yet to try this fabric yet! I'll get there.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

Fabulous! Fabric! Fabric! Fabric!!!

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Using up scraps, woohoo!