Monday, March 22, 2021

Sizzix Situation

So now I might have inadvertently turned into a Sizzix hoarder.

I bought a Sizzix cutting machine because of my great experience of using one at a Victoria Findlay Wolfe class at QuiltCon in 2016. I have really enjoyed using it so far, it makes it so much easier to get accurate shapes and is much nicer on my hands. I had a small collection (only 8) of dies that I had used in various projects. But I was putting off buying many new dies until I'd "used-up" the ones I already had. There were new dies coming out all the time but I put off purchasing new ones. But then they discontinued the push towards marketing towards quilters (boooo!)😒

I decided to go look for a few new ones to scoop up before they're all gone...and I went a little nuts on eval because they were super super cheap now! So now I have a whole lot of options. I know there's also a mat that makes the Accu-quilt dies work in my machine, so that's also an option for the future if  I ever get tired of all of these or "use them up".  I put that in quotes because it would take quite a while for that to happen.


2 comments:

Jaye said...

WOW!! You are all set. What does it mean that they are not marketing to quilters? They aren't making quilt block dies anymore?

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

They just cut off making anything quilt block related :-( So yep, I'm all set now. And if I get the adapter sheet I can always use the AccuQuilt dies in my Sizzix.