Sunday, March 14, 2021

Planning on Putting A Ring On It

 Looking forward to taking another class with Latifah Saafir, this time in April with Bay Area Modern Quilting via Zoom. I'm guessing that it will be a different experience than the pre-taped one I took via the QuiltCon Together platform. Not better or worse necessarily, just different.


I just received my templates and pattern in the mail yesterday, so I'm getting going on selecting fabrics and cutting so that I'm ready for class.

Put A Ring on it is a really great pattern design and there are a lot of options presented. It's going to be hard to decide which way to go. I definitely like the look of the pushed neutral background of the cover quilt, and am considering using a selection of black and white prints. I'm really looking forward to learning how to use the Clammy ruler/templates.

And yes, that song is now stuck in my head, so here you go, so it can be stuck in yours too:



2 comments:

Jaye said...

I'm so glad you are taking the class. I remember how much fun we have had in other classes together. It won't be the same not sharing a table. :( . I am thinking of going bold in the background - like using a Philip Jacobs flower, then some text prints for the rings. I don't want the flowers to be all mashed up together and look awful, so I have to work on that a bit.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

It's going to be fun, I really want to get some of it cut out so I'm ready. I like your idea of a bold background and text prints for the rings. It would be hard to use the flower fabric without them getting smooshed.