Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Wandering Wednesday - OaklandX3


It's been a long week of traveling back and forth to Oakland to help with my daughter's surgery recovery. She's doing really really well, but it's of course, been a little stressful. 
But that's what my grand-dog Bella is for,  she's very cuddly.
Oakland doing Oakland during Covid with well-deserved rent protests. 

On the weekend, my DH joined me, and we decided to bring Meg along. That meant stopping at the pullout halfway on Bear Creek Road. 
Meg hasn't done much freeway riding, so she was pretty stressed out and on alert. I'm feeling the same way these days. being out of practice of freeway driving/riding because of not going many places these quarantine days.

A city crow welcomed us.

Meg and Bella were very happy to see each other (and to get a lot of treats).
My daughter was up to taking short walks and we sat out in the backyard for a bit in the sun. It was good for her to get out of the house after being cooped up. Meg was pretty boggled by all the city smells and sounds.
We decided to stop in the same place and let Meg have a chance to recover before driving the rest of the way on the windy road. She made it both ways for the first time without barfing, which was awesome!
On the way back home, a nice sunset was waiting for us.
 

2 comments:

Jaye said...

How nice that Meg got an outing. Hope the panic levels from leaving the house were relatively low.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Yes, the panic levels were okay. Having Meg along gave me something else to focus on. (i'm so good at tricking myself)