Friday, March 12, 2021

Green Gone

Cataloguing my progress through the various thread colors I'm using on the Lone Round Robin. All done with the green parts. Onto the greys and then finally, the black.

As I used several different grey colored fabrics in the quilt top, I'm using three thread choices to quilt in those areas.
The darkest, most brown grey went well with this floral. I used more curvy lines to echo the branches and vine shapes in the fabric.
I like how it's visible but not too prominent.

Seeing the last two grey cones of thread side by side, it's really apparent how one is quite silver and one is almost over into gold. Both are rayon.  In some of the grey parts the sections are big so I'll be doing more planning ahead on what sort of design to stitch. Especially in the grey rectangles that have the quotes about the pandemic.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

It's looking really good. I like how the thread blends into the fabric. I also like how you are highlighting the piecing rather than doing an all over design.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

I couldn't bring myself to do an all over design on this quilt. But it really did take a long time to get it done. I think it was worth it.