Wednesday, March 31, 2021

March Cornucopia


 This monthly cornucopia scheduled post thing is working out pretty well, so on into March I go. Collecting links and so on to share at the end of the month. The picture is of a drink I make when I feel like I'm getting a cold, sliced lemons, the juice of one lemon, chopped up fresh ginger, some pressed ginger juice, green tea, and honey.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

The 100 Day Project, I've seen a lot of folks doing this over on Instagram, if you need some art inspiration go check out the hashtag #100dayproject. I haven't decided whether to do one this year or what to do.  Maybe I'll do another 100 quilt block project, or something else like journal pages or something like that. It feels weird to start it in the middle of the year or month for some reason, I suppose I should just settle on something and do it.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

If you're missing going to see art in person, check out this exhibit, Sources of Solace, yes it's online and it's not the same, but the art is very very moving and I felt better after taking the time to go through the exhibit.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Sign up for for Sister Artists 2 - A collaborative art quilt project put on by The Advocacy Project. You'll get to use an embroidered panel by an artist in Kenya to use in a quilt of your own design.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Art Gallery Fabrics has a lot of really nice (and free!) quilt and sewing patterns, I particularly like this one pillow made from flying geese. They also have a board on pinterest with 20+ free spring sewing patterns, there's some beautiful stuff  to make illustrated there.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

I learned a whole lot from Fashion Revolution's post Women's Rights and the fashion industry.  #WhoMadeMyClothes indeed!

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Such beautiful indigo dyed and hand woven silks at 7Weaves. I love seeing the process pictures.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

I spent a relaxing hour + watching this video of a miniature art exhibit displayed in a set of vintage printer's letterpress drawers. It reminded me a bit of the 1,000 Journals project.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

If you need a few short stories to read, it's hard to beat reading the entries from the SOA (Society of Actuaries) Speculative Fiction contest. Some really interesting stuff in there.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

A great and easy way to make your own chai tea mix using these instructions from our local garden store.

3 comments:

Jaye said...

Pressed Ginger juice? I have never heard of that. I do something similar, but with lime juice instead of ginger juice. Same lemons and all.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Yes, you put pieces of fresh ginger in a garlic press and squeeze it out. The ginger makes the tea very internally warming which is nice when you're getting sick. Your idea of lime juice sounds really good too.

Jaye said...

OH! Good idea. I was trying to imagine how to juice a piece of ginger! :D