Wednesday, January 02, 2019

2018 In Review

Well, 2018 is done and dusted, but I wanted to review a bit. Since it was a recovery year for me, I'm giving myself a big pass on not being terribly creative or finishing much. I started a few things, finished a few things, got rid of a few things and went some great quilt/art related places.

Finishes:

Solstice Quilt

Uncountable Arils

Embroidery Stitching on blocks for SJSA

Starts:

A small bit that's in the quilt I started in the Rosalie Dace class, Word for Word

 Began a new quilt using recent purchases of new fabric using the sizzle die for Square Dance.

Also started a stripe-based quilt in the great Libs Elliot class I was lucky enough to take at QuiltCon.

Trips:

Went to QuiltCon in Pasadena

Went to Sisters in Oregon

Museums and Japanese Garden in San Diego

Other:

Best of all, I started going to quilt meetings more regularly again. CQFA and South Bay Area Modern Quilt Guild, and even an occasional Bay Area Modern meeting when friend Jaye invites me. It's so important for me to get out of my head, out of my house and in the mix with other quilters/makers. I'm going to be attending the SAQA conference this year in April, can't wait!

2 comments:

Jaye said...

The solstice quilt looks a lot different than I remember it. Much more traditional, though I know I didn't think that when I saw in person. Interesting how photos can change the look and feel of a piece.

How exciting that you will be attending SAQA. Since it is in the area, I thought about it, but didn't sign up.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

It is really traditional for me. I don't know if a block sampler is traditional?
SAQA should be fun, I'm going to be a commuter.