Friday, January 04, 2019

Pumpkin Blocks

Tried out a new ruler, the Quick Curve mini, which I purchased at PIQF because of the pumpkin blocks that were on display.  I love doing curves, but have varying degrees of success with it, depends a lot on how often I'm sewing them.
These blocks really do go together very easily using this thing, once you figure out the lines you're supposed to actually use. I thought it might be hard to rotary cut in the slot, but it's not really a problem at all.
Obviously some of these blocks are more successful than others, I need to pay more attention to the grey vs. grey background. Now to make some with oranges. Who knows, it might come together by this Halloween?

2 comments:

Jaye said...

I really like how the pumpkins are coming out. The greys look great!

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Thanks! I like using the ruler, it's a lot easier than I thought it'd be. I'm trying out some new greys in addition to these in the next blocks.