Friday, October 03, 2008

September Pumpkins

Yesterday I showed you my outdoor pre-decor, now here is my inside pre-decor.

We just couldn't wait to get pumpkins, so when we saw a bin of them at the store a couple weeks ago, my son Zach and I snagged four that we liked. It was really funny how my heart soared with happiness to see all that orange in the grocery store. And when I looked at Zach he had the same silly happy grin. It doesn't take much to make us happy, which is a good thing isn't it?! These four beauties got us through the end of September until the big pumpkins become available. We always like trying to carve the smaller pumpkins, more challenging. I haven't tried to carve a mini pumpkin yet, maybe this is the year. One of these has a soft spot though, so it will get tossed off the deck into the forest. And then in a confusing holiday confluence, the local Kmart had
Summer,
BacktoSchool,
Halloween,
Thanksgiving
AND Christmas
products out on display, all in adjoining overlapping areas. I wish I had thought to take a picture, because now it is cleaned up, but wow, it was really disorienting walking through that store. Probably how I ended up with the eerie skull, which Alex took the black Sharpie to, it needed to be spookier he says... And my Monet enamel hinged witch hat box with spider dangle which I always have out and about in the house. It is just so little and perfectly formed that it makes me smile when I see it.

I need to find something to keep in there, but the space is really really small. Maybe one of the beads I have that look like eyes....That would be good and spooky wouldn't it?

2 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

These rock! I love the witch's hat in particular, LOL. I felt the same way when I saw pumpkins at my grocery store, will be posting that pic soon.

Priscilla said...

Hi, I am a post spooker also! I do love the little witches hat! It is so cute, I love theme items like this....let us know what you find to put in it,See you again soon

Priscilla x