Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Halloween Houses In Progress

One day post-surgery, I'm back to posting spooky. The house is not decorated yet, and I'm not being allowed to do any decorating by certain care-taking husbands. I know he's right, but I'm dying to get those fun decorations out. I'm not able to carry the big boxes up from under the house, so unless I bribe some children, it will have to wait a couple days.
So I thought I'd show the Halloween quilt I've been working on for years now. I couldn't find it in my archives on the blog, so here are a bunch of pictures of what I've got so far.

I started out making house blocks of different varieties and have been adding other types of blocks as I go along. It is all kind of a big mish mosh, but there are lots of houses left to make. As I have two boxes of Halloween prints I need to use them for something don't I?

One of the paper-pieced houses. It is fun to fussy cut the prints to fall in the windows or doors. I like the spiders crawling across the front of the house. Some of the bigger scale prints don't work so well on a small house.
I really like this little one with the skeleton in the window.
So those are my houses so far. I think the paper pieced ones have turned out better, and I have a bunch printed off of EQ6 to make up this year. After I get back to some sewing, I'll show you what I come up with.


4 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

This is the spooky guilt of my DREAMS! I have NEVER seen anything like it ever, what a fantastic idea. It totally, totally rocks.

Laume said...

Adorable! I have a bunch of Halloween blocks from swaps. I should just pull them out and play, just for the heck of it.

jovaliquilts said...

I love, love, love your Halloween quilt! Awesome.

I've been out of the loop with computer woes so am just catching up on blogs. Didn't know you were having surgery -- hope you heal quickly!

Jaye said...

Love the house quilt. It reminds me of my Women Work quilt (the red and black one). Take a look at Gwen Marston's Liberated Quiltmaking book for some ideas on making houses that are fun and easy. Take care of yourself and listen to your hubby!