Sunday, October 05, 2008

A New Fall Skirt

I recently found these two fabrics on the sale table at my local fabric store. They were marked down to $3 a yard. I thought they'd make a nice new skirt for fall having the brownish plum colors that I like to wear so much.I thought I'd try a different pattern that I'd never used, one with pockets this time around. The Park Bench pattern is quite simple, but when I tried it on the first time, ooh, it was just a little bit too tight. The pattern is mostly recommended for knits, it probably would have fit if I'd done it up in a knit. So I undid one of the side seams and added an insert of the contrast fabric. I think I like how it turned out. I missed having pockets on the other skirts I've made recently.



5 comments:

Laume said...

Really nice, including the strip. Do you still wear skirts come autumn? I wear them in the summer (I'd wear them in the spring too if it wasn't still so f**king cold here up in the mountains), but by autumn I'm in more of a jeans and cords mood.

Darling Petunia said...

Wheeeeee! Really cute! I saw a picture of a neat skirt in a book today--a kids' board book--and it was made with coordinating prints. Made me want to try one, then I come home and see your! Very cool!

Sherri said...

I see you tagged your posting with "wardrobe refashion" and I can't wait to refashion a shirt I have. I am going to turn it into a dress when I find black poplin fabric! lol

Loved the Halloween blocks too. :)

Jaye said...

GREAT skirt! I am so impressed with all of this skirt sewing you are doing. you could wear skirts in the Fall with tights, huh?

Janette said...

Lovely skirt!! I bought new plus size outfit from Lane Bryant on sale... It helpful in saving good money!!