Saturday, July 19, 2008

Fitting In With Fungus

Two great examples of fungus from our trip to Tuolumne, not sure of names, but they are very photogenic aren't they? It is always fun to come upon something like this growing among all the beautiful wildflowers, they're so different in character.
I love the colors of these two
Oh and I didn't knock over the one below, we found it like that, I swear!
See, I match! This is me on a six mile hike on the John Muir Trail (probably the easiest part of it), but still, six miles for someone who is basically housebound, not so bad. Towards the end on the way back I was wondering why I'd done it, but I was glad to have gotten out there and seen the meadows and the river and rocks. And having a day to recover while riding back home in the car was a pretty good plan.

1 comment:

Darling Petunia said...

Okay, you have a label for FUNGHI? That's too funny! Glad you had a nice trip.