Friday, September 20, 2019

Shenzhen Skies Completed

 Another completed quilt, "Shenzhen Skies". I began this back in Shenzhen, China when we were living there, and quilted it on the rented sewing machine after mine blew up due to the electrical differences.
 A lot of the colors and shapes are reminiscent of the things I would see there when I'd walk around our neighborhood.
 We lived fairly near an oil refinery which didn't always run (thank goodness), but when it did, the skies would be the oddest colors.
 I used a zig-zag-ish sort of stitch and a variegated rayon thread.

Another finish off my third quarter Finish-a-Long list, hooray!

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Congrats on the finish! And on such a lovely finish, so meaningful as a travel memory.
On behalf of the entire FAL crew, thanks for participating!