Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Wandering Wednesday: Staying Local

 Right here in our little town, a second mural has been done on the side of the OG grocery store, "Johnnie's Super." I think it's lovely and fresh and bright, and very much an improvement on what was there before. I need to take a photo at different time of day when the shadow isn't there. It shows the logging industry history, natural beauty of our area, and a great Welcome to Boulder Creek like an old-school postcard. They were working on it all summer so it was fun to see it finally get revealed.
 We made a pilgrimage to Penzey's Spices in Menlo Park with my parents and then had a nice lunch at Cafe Barrone and then a quick look through Kepler's Books. Such a nice bookstore, I'm really glad it's still here. That was a lot of walking for me, but it was worth it.
 The sky was really beautiful.
 Wouldn't this be an interesting picture to make a quilt design from.
We went to the Felton Farmer's Market and the Bacon Bus was there. I absolutely cracked up at this sign.

No comments: