Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Wandering Wednesday: Shenzhen Skies


 I was thinking about the topic of the sky in Shenzhen, China which was the subject of one of my recent finishes. So I looked through some of my pictures from 2014 to see if I had any that captured the colors of the skies, and I found these.  Especially these first two are the main inspirations for the quilt.

This was the view from our 22nd floor apartment of the old fishing harbor. And these are non-Instagram filtered that's how it looked most days.

The harbor in the early morning.
 Looking down the block towards the sea. Really it's there. There were a few weeks where we couldn't even see that because of the pollution. I know we took pictures of the night sky during those weeks and it was a solid orange, almost like when there's a forest fire nearby in California, but unfortunately I couldn't find them.

 Downtown where my husband was working. It rained almost every day.
 Taken from the ferry.
 Looking back towards the city.
 Actual blue sky, was always surprising when it would appear.

No comments: