Friday, September 13, 2019

Our Sister's Huts In Process

I've been working on a quilt for the Quilt for Change, Sister Artists exhibit, the title is "Our Sister's Huts".  This is a photo of the quilt before cutting it to size, or doing much stitching, and the backing is showing.
Then it was on my design wall for a while, not exactly squared up or done, but closer.  I found that I didn't like the relation between the stark off-white background of the embroidery square with the rest of the quilt. I wanted to integrate it, pull it into the design more.


  So I began playing around with some printed papers, sheers and fabric scraps.


I was happier with the design now, the dark pieces relate to the darkness at the bottom of the quilt, the blues and greens pull in the top of the quilt and they enhance the scene the embroiderer was depicting.
Some details of the quilting.
The fragility of the piece of fabric that is framing the embroidered piece is clearer in these photos.
There's still some quilting left to go, but I'm happy with how it is looking.


No comments: