Friday, November 27, 2009

Thankful For Leftovers

Just a little leftover paper flower from the Give Thanks banner. This one was a little wonky and looked too different from the other ones to fit in on the banner, but I couldn't throw it away or afford to send it off to the Island of Misfit Toys. So I gussied it up with some inspiring words, purple paper, glitter (natch) and a red fibery thread. I have it hanging off my thread rack right above my work table.
I'm thinking one could make some very unique and cool tree ornaments in this manner...hmmm, even with a favorite fabric you've stiffened up instead of paper.

Note, this was done before hand surgery, back when I could hold and use scissors.

2 comments:

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Okay, I have eleven flowers sitting on a chair---could not figure out how to change the color on the letters, so left them there.
I am thinking I will use them to hang in the studio with glitter (of course) instead of the paper snowflakes I cut, which are still hanging from LAST YEAR...... <:-\
I hate to admit I had fun with these.....but, all in all, after a few fits and having a meltdown on which book to cut up, yes, they were fun!
Fabric using fabric stiffener would work wonderfully. I had to sew the centers of mine anyway due to only owning a tot stapler....LOL!!!
Glad you kept yours!

XXOO!!
Anne--craft challenged

Deirdre said...

What a fun flower! If you decided to make them with red fabric (or red paper), you could have a poinsettia style. One of the traditions for our holiday tree is to have it filled with poinsettias.

:-D eirdre