Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Hope your hunt for the perfect turkey goes more smoothly than this!
We are cooking at our house and then bringing all the goodies to the designated feast location, my mom and dad's. Mom made the pies and we're doing the rest. I am not helping much, besides finding recipes and making the shopping lists and helping people figure out where to find stuff.
I did manage to make the Spiced wine cranberry sauce with just a little spice measuring assistance from my son Alex, this stuff is the best, yummm. It made me feel a little bit more like normal to be cooking at this time of year. Hard to express how frustrating it is to not be able to chop anything, but that's a temporary thing. Sure brings into focus how thankful I am to normally be able to wield a knife and be productive in the kitchen! Or scissors/rotary cutter in the studio for that matter!
Definitely counting my blessings this year. Hope you are too.

1 comment:

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

It's amazing what down-time due to surgery does to the *appreciation level* we have! I know, man, and would liked to have learned otherwise!
Hope you and your family have a wonderful day!!!

XXOO!!
Anne

P.S. I made that gratitude chain, well, there were technical difficulties (ME!) so I have flowers of the book pages with no letters but I think I'll spray them with adhesive, sprinkle with glitter and use them for the NEXT holiday! They're pretty cool that way too.......geez, I can't even do a simple CRAFT! LOL!