Friday, November 13, 2009

Pumpkins In The Palm Of My Hand

Here are two of the three pumpkins I managed to grow this year. Aren't they the cutest little things? Baby Mini Jack from Renee's Garden Seeds.
So perfectly formed and miniature. They feel really nice in the hand and are making me smile just looking at them.
You can also spot the injury I unfortunately sustained while carving our larger pumpkins. Gory story, but it turns out I have cut one of the tendons in my pinky finger. Yes, of course on my right hand. And yes, I am right-handed. Sigh. I have a consult with the surgeon on Monday, hopefully the surgery and rehab won't be too awful. But it sure would be nice to be able to bend the tip of my finger again and have my whole hand not be so painful. Very hard to do a lot of things, especially gripping and controlling small things and heavy lifting. I'm adapting but it is most definitely slowing me down in the making art everyday and writing a novel projects I was attempting this month. What a bummer. But I'm not giving up!

4 comments:

Laume said...

I was gonna say "cute pumpkins" but then I kept reading and all I can do now is grimace and say "OUCH". Hope it's an easy healing.

Deborah said...

The little pumpkins are adorable. Good luck with your recuperation, it sounds so painful.

jovaliquilts said...

OUCH!! Must be so hard not to have the use of a finger, esp. on the right hand. Hope the surgeon has good news.
Adorable pumpkins, too. :)

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Thanks all, I hope that the healing goes well too, trying not to worry that it won't work. What will be will be right?