Monday, November 16, 2009

Give Thanks


Thought I'd share a Thanksgiving themed banner I just finished making that says:
GIVE THANKS
It is made out of flower/stars made from folded book pages (from an old paperback), threaded on vintage lime green seam binding, and the letters printed out on cardstock from the instructions which are free and over at Bitter Betty's.
Easy to make, a great sentiment for the season and virtually free. I like how it looks against my green living room wall and reminds me everytime I see it, that being thankful is the order of the day. Maybe I'll just leave it up all year round!
Also, make sure and check out her awesome new book Show Off!,How to Do Absolutely Everything One Step At A Time great for holiday gift giving to pre-teens! My son got to help test out some of the projects which were super fun.

3 comments:

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design said...

How fun! I just love recycling things into beautiful works of art!!!
Well done!
xoxo,
ja

aedm

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

I definitely would leave it up year round! I need that in my studio.....just so I don't forget!

XXOO!!
Anne

Jaye said...

Love this idea! I have been thinking of a banner lately also - for my workroom - after I saw one on Kelly Rae Roberts blog.