Tuesday, December 06, 2022

Color Bundle



Another monthly delivery of The Color Collective arrived, just as I was finally getting to work with the first month. I dislike feeling behind from the get-go, but my impromptu month off for health reasons caused that instead of general procrastination. Anyway...still behind no matter the causes.
The fabric bundle comes with a pattern every month. This month is comprised of half-rectangle triangles which I've been wanting to really investigate so I think I will attempt it. I really really like the selection of colors this month, so that's two for two so far.
I again took a picture of the bundle all laid out with the color labels showing before I pre-washed. Some of the people doing the Color Collective are taking little snips of each fabric selvedge and pasting them down along with the labels in a notebook. Maybe I'll try that out next month.
Again the two non-Kona fabrics are a crinkled crumpled mess of wrinkles after pre-washing. I truly love the look and feel of these fabrics, but sheesh! That's 55% linen/45% cotton for you I guess. Time to go get steamy with my iron.

No comments: