Monday, December 05, 2022

Five By Five

 

I finally sat down and watched the class recording of the BAM online quilt class with Carole Lyles Shaw.
It was fun seeing everyone in the class and learning the interesting block "improv" technique in Carole's Five By Five Variations class. I was a bit lazy about picking fabrics, and chose from the recently washed, recently purchased fabrics that haven't been put away. They were so-so in the mono view as seen above, but I quite like the over saturation when you're seeing them together in color.

There are five blocks to make, how many of each is one of the first choices you get to make. I did a little planning on the class coloring page.
Here's the first few blocks, along with two "background" solid squares that may or may not end up in the final design.
I plugged along and got a few more blocks made, they're fairly easy. But once I had more than four...then it started getting fun rearranging them on the design wall.

This is how much I got done in one day, they're pretty big blocks and will add up to a big quilt fairly quickly. I'm really liking the over saturation that I'm making. It's hard to photograph with all the reds of course, but it's intense and vibrant, practically glowing on the wall.

It's pretty funny in the mono though. I love how the big green/orange rectangle block looks like one color. That's why I stepped the two orange solid squares in a diagonal.

No comments: