Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Wandering Wednesday - Tucson Botanical Gardens

 

We were back in Tucson over last weekend, and had an hour to spare before my second appointment in the medical trial I'm participating in, so off to the Tucson Botanical Gardens we went. It was a cold spell, with nights under 30F, so the cactuses had cups on them to protect them from freezing. It was honestly hard to take them seriously, if that makes sense.

The gardens were all decorated up for a night-time event they have which involves zillions of lights and various types of luminaries, I liked this spiky tree-ish version. 

This was the garden's cactus-y version of a Hanukkiah (a menorah used for celebrating Hanukkah).
The butterfly house was so warm and cozy, it steamed up my glasses. At one point a gigantic Blue Morph grazed my hand and nearly landed, so beautiful.
There were a lot of orchids in the butterfly house as well, which the butterflies love.
Cool re-use of glass bottle bottoms on a metal gate.
When the sun hits these just right, they just glow so brilliantly because of the white hairs on the cactus.
Absolutely!
So soft and cozy, don't you want to pet it? 
These flower-bud shapes remind me of pine cones with the overlapping shapes.
This Victoria Agave was a show-stopper, that brilliant white edging on each leaf was a real wow!

1 comment:

Jaye said...

I bet the last plant is a Fibonacci sequence in some way, but don't ask me how. ;-)

The photos you show are so beautiful! I never really appreciate cacti and succulents, but your photos make me rethink.