Wednesday, December 07, 2022

Hot Five By

 

I worked a little more and made up some more blocks to play with for my Five By Five arrangement. One is just solids, another is just prints. The rest of the new blocks use up the majority of the remainder of the strips I'd initially cut out. A potential title is Hot Hot Hot, even that green is hot in this setting or maybe Hot by Five. I haven't tried out too many arrangements of the blocks yet.
 
Here's how it looks in black and white,  Looking at it in this way, I see that I may need more big squares of solids or maybe of the prints, but I have to do the math and also check that I have enough of the fabrics. I also have to think about what size I want this to end up as. I'd initially just wanted to play around with this idea from the class, but now I'm at that in-between size, it would be nice to have a usable lap throw size as this isn't something that I'd make for the wall.
Here's a closer up view of the prints.
And another. These are the pictures I take while I'm sewing so that I get the order right when sewing together like sized pieces. Easy piecing in these blocks which I'm finding is somewhat relaxing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Which class was this from? Carol Lyles Shaw?

I like the blue which is really different from all the other hot colors.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Yes, this was from Carole Lyles Shaw Five By Five class. Yes, that blue is a nice respite from the hot colors.