Sunday, June 09, 2019

Slurpee Squared

 As part of my second quarter FAL goal, I'm working on getting the Slurpee quilt finished. I actually have it squared it up!
 It's been in an un-squared form for so many years (12 now!) that it's mind-boggling to see it with these square perfect (almost) edges.
The stitching got a little wonky so I had to add some little slivers of fabric on the edges to have enough to square up and then add the planned facing. Basically I didn't want to cut through any of the hand-stitching getting it squared because it'd probably come undone. Hopefully the bits of new fabric will blend in enough on the edges, if not I'll add a few hand stitches. Hopefully that won't take another 12 years.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

Did you start this in Pamelala's class? If so, I also finished the last piece that I started in that class.

High Fiber Content said...

This is the one I started in the Laura Wasilowski fusing class. Remember when we blew out the fuses with all the irons? That's great that you got the Pamelala class piece done, I still have a few that are close to done.