Monday, June 10, 2019

ICAD Week 1

Even though I was looking forward to participating in ICAD again this year, it was hard getting back into doing these.

 As small as they are, I'm just out of practice I guess.
These first few felt (and look) like doodles and warmups which is fine.
Then the doodle-ly-ness starts to be more intentional.
Maybe even more organized or rhythmic.


Then some collage-ing started happening. Somehow, I just couldn't help going there.

This combination of pen markings and watercolor pencil painting/markings is one of my favorites. I'll definitely do more of this.

This was a try at a faux-collage.
Different pen, this time colored, then painted/drawn over with the watercolor pencil.
My daily tea-bag fortune inspired this one. 
The words read: 
"You can't reach for anything new if your hands are still full of yesterday's junk." ~ Louise Smith
A favorite quote from my Grandma. It was always a nice thing when you'd hear this quick triple repetition of the word good from her, it was high approval indeed. And always three times, never twice or four times. Two wouldn't be quite enough, and four would be ostentatiously overdoing it...or something. Collaged over cut up origami paper and colored pencil.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

It seems to me that ICAD would be a good opportunity to try out unused art supplies. Do you have washi tape? I do like your collage. I think you should frame Good Good Good and hang it up where you can see it.

High Fiber Content said...

I have a few washi tapes to choose from, I should pull them out. I'm doing some gelli-plate printing and will give that a go for an ICAD or two. Good good good would be fun to have hung up, good good good idea.