Friday, June 07, 2019

Product Review: Chaco Liner

The Triangle Study required a lot of line marking, so I tried a new tool, the Clover Chaco Liner. The chalk lead pencil I was using previously kept breaking when I'd go over a seam line. This was the perfect solution and I wished I'd had it back on the first day of marking all these lines.
 It has a removable cover that fits nicely on the end to make the tool just a bit longer, which gives you a better grip on it as you use it against a ruler. I like the curve of the barrel, it feels great in your hand, smooth sturdy, well-made plastic.

The Clover Chaco Liner uses powdered chalk dispensed with a teeny little wheel that has tiny teeth. It makes the most adorable zzzzziiipppp noise when you use it, that was unexpectedly delightful when I marked my first line.
It lays down a pretty fine line, and it seems to brush off easier than the other chalk pencil I was using. That means you need to not mark too much at once as the marks will disappear as you manipulate your piece through the machine.

 I'm not sure how long the chalk cartridge will last, it's replaceable which I think is a good thing as long as the little wheel dispenser still works.
And now I'm all done with the quilting!

2 comments:

Jaye said...

I'm glad the Chaco liner worked out for you.

High Fiber Content said...

Me too, it was a pleasant surprise that it worked so well.