Thursday, June 13, 2019

Stitching Decisions

 I've made some progress on the SJSA block. Not that I look at the picture, I'm wishing I had used another color. I may go back and add another color on the inside of the X stitches just to delineate the white shirt shape from the off-white background a bit more.
This block arrived with some paper bits attached to some of the excess glue. Debating on removing them or not. Right now I'm leaning towards removing them because I'm pretty sure they weren't part of the overall design and intention.  Although, having the white paper happening to be on the word white, especially superimposed over the person of color's face could be a lucky coincidence or maybe intentional. Hard to tell, I haven't decided yet, once I start in on stitching the edges of the letters I'll make the decision.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

The dilemma of collaborative work!

High Fiber Content said...

Indeed! The dilemma solved itself, as I've been working with the block, the gluey paper bits have fallen off, so decision made.