Thursday, July 15, 2021

New Fabrics

 


Yesterday I talked about the big excursion to Bay Quilts, a not so local LQS, but I neglected to highlight my purchases which I was pretty excited about. As you can see in the above picture, they are not intended for the same project. (although that'd be a pretty good challenge actually. 

The top fabric is a map of the US with the locations of all of the national parks. We've been talking about retirement bucket lists, and visiting all of the parks is near the top. I thought it'd be fun to have this made up as a lap quilt to have along on our journey and stitch our pathways as embroidery or something like that.

Next is an odd stripe that is such a great combination of colors and peacock eyes.
I finally broke down and bought some of the Jen Kingwell Lollies, which is stripes of different patterns.
The triangle arrows fabric is so striking and I thought it'd make a great binding or border.
The shredded paper collage is an older Carrie Bloomston print that I really enjoy.
I was really taken with this digital fabric collage fabric line, there was a much lighter color way, this was the "night" version. All I could see was a skirt, as the entire design is the width of the fabric.
And even better that it's called "Happy Place".

No comments: