Sunday, July 04, 2021

ICAD Black and Blue


The next group was a week + 1 of trying to use only black, grey and blue on the white cards. I like how it all looks together.
I liked the graphic *pow* look of this border so much, I chose to use it as a frame instead of integrating it into the rest of the space.
Here's how I made the corner L's for the next card, tracing around the corner of the edge of a clothespin with a marker.

Around the corners.
This one has a lot of layers which you can't really see in the digital picture. This was one of those that I wish I'd been using watercolor paper for instead of the index card.
One of the perks of our Rancho Gordo Bean Club membership is the Mexican calendar. I love the look of these calendar pages so I always save them.
More of the calendar page, torn up and disconnected like a lot of the days lately seem to me.
This one is a little more subtle than some of the others. I quite like the dots + lines as a motif.

I was using a ruler with pens and colored pencils and my finger got in the way on one of the lines. So I carried on doing that throughout. I like how 3-D this one looks.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

I really like this 'series' a lot. I like that you seem to be playing with what is at hand.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Thanks, yes I'm playiig with whatever is around.