Wednesday, July 07, 2021

ICAD Pride

 

I had a week towards the end of Pride month where I was behind on making my daily ICAD, so I did a week's worth all at once. I laid out the index cards, irregularly overlapped.
I used the Neocolor watercolors to trace a series of lines.
Then each card was separately enhanced, layers of different watercolor media and lines around the ribbons of colors.

I like how these turned out, both individually and all together.
They each have their own character, but fit together too.

This one had a big empty space so I sewed on a piece of BelVita wrapper. It is vaguely crow shaped to me.


2 comments:

Jaye said...

I love that idea. I did that with some ATCs years ago and recently found one I kept. I wondered where the other pieces are whether they are still seeking their companion pieces.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Oh yes, I did that with ATC's as well, it's definitely a fun exercise.