Tuesday, July 06, 2021

Chuppah Repair Ideas



 We went over to my SIL's for a fourth celebration this weekend, and I remembered to take pictures of the quilted chuppah that was chewed by their new puppy before they realized. After they'd noticed, the couch got moved as it had been right up against the bottom of the chuppah but covering up the unnoticed puppy damage. I'd really like to figure out how to repair this for them. My plan is to first hunt for the same hand-dyed fabrics that I used to make the thing all those years ago. (Back when I first started blogging in 2004!!) Hopefully I have some pieces of the dyed fabrics leftover, because I doubt I could color match them.

This one corner could just be rebound I guess and just look slightly less squared even corners. An alternative to trying to make the quilt look as it used to, is to machine embroider the eaten up edges and then make them a design element to bring their new pets into the piece, I could embroider "Ginger Was Here"

No comments: