Saturday, July 31, 2021

July Cornucopia

 


Another month of the year done, and here's the monthly cornucopia scheduled post for July.

!!@@!!@@!!@@!!@@!!

New Quilts of Northern California exhibit applications are due very soon, August 9th. I don't know if I'm up for actually attending PIQF this year or not. It seems iffy as far as COVID goes over the next few months, but maybe if I remember to enter and actually get into the exhibit, my quilt will just have to go as a stand-in for me. 

!!@@!!@@!!@@!!@@!!

This is a cool idea for learning more about clothes-making. I'm considering joining up to expand my knowledge base which is not much at this point. And they have a pretty good companion podcast too.

!!@@!!@@!!@@!!@@!!

Here's a useful short video on photographing your quilts for exhibition entries.

!!@@!!@@!!@@!!@@!!

Did you miss World Emoji Day? Here's some of the proposed new emojis pending approval from the Unicode Consortium 

!!@@!!@@!!@@!!@@!!

One of the most interesting art installations I've seen in a long time, a hot-air balloon in Tokyo of all things.

!!@@!!@@!!@@!!@@!!

If you're interested in block printing, there's a couple of short videos on the Stitchin' Post youtube

!!@@!!@@!!@@!!@@!!

A helpful round-up of tips for pre-washing and starching pre-cuts such as jelly-rolls.

!!@@!!@@!!@@!!@@!!

I enjoyed this presentation about colour by weaver Margo Selby.

!!@@!!@@!!@@!!@@!!


2 comments:

Jaye said...

Your !!@@!!@@... between each entry was a little startling. I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do with them. :-)

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

I try to do a little different one every time, wait until you see October's!