Friday, July 09, 2021

Camoflauged Letters

 

I'm doing some more piecing for my RDKC coat. This is what the paper piecing patterns look like when printed out from EQ8, already colored in for you, very handy. This was my first time using EQ8 for that, so it was a nice surprise. I still had to write "B" for background and "S" for the letter I was piecing because I was still having a little trouble getting the fabrics placed correctly.
Here's a close up of the E,  soooo....is it camoflauge-y enough? That's what I'm trying to achieve. I want texture and subtlety but for it not to be immediately apparent that oh yes, that's a letter.

Here's how the Y and the E look from farther away. It's a bit like one of those color eye tests, which I guess is exactly what I'm going for here.




No comments: