Monday, July 20, 2020

Two Cards for Two Ages


I'm trying to keep on using my CriCut maker when I need a card. That way I'm not out shopping and touching cards that other folks have touched. And I'm learning how to use this machine too. I don't have zillions of colors of cardstock but I'm mixing and matching for unusual combinations.
This first card is for my niece's 15th birthday. I can't believe I have a niece that is 15! 
She likes weird stuff so I figured she'd like a monster. It's a very 3-d construction with a folded bridge in-between the two pieces. I had to use colored pencil on the balloons because I didn't like how they looked in the white.
I liked the clever envelope on this one. The balloons are attached with a little brad so they can swivel around and fit inside the envelope.
Here's the card I made for my mom. She loves green and southwest designs, so I thought she'd appreciate this one. I tore the envelope when I was pulling it off the mat so I used Washi tape to hide that error. We had a discussion about glitter, and she said usually she doesn't like it in the house because it gets everywhere, but she'd make an exception since I made the card for her. I told her I understood as glitter is widely known as the herpes of crafting. She laughed for quite a while at that one.
She just turned 80! I can't believe my mom is 80!


1 comment:

Jaye said...

I love sending cards to people and have been sending them during this time. I usually go to Trader Joe's periodically and scoop up a bunch of their .99 cards. Well, I haven't been able to get into a TJs since March (ahem pandemic), so my card stock is low. I think it is a great idea to make cards. Good for you! Michael's often has books of cardstock on sale, if you ever go to Michael's again. I'll look around my house and see if I have some new books of cardstock I can send you.