Monday, July 06, 2020

Celestial Round Robin Complete

Here's a finish for the quarter two list, the Celestial Round Robin. I finished the quilting and made the binding.



This was started back in 2005 as a CQFA round robin project. I sewed the blocks together in 2008 at a CQFA retreat. Last year at the CQFA retreat at Asilomar, I sewed the borders on and pieced the back together. And finally, fifteen years later, here it is.
My star piecing skills have definitely improved over the years, a lot of those points are not so very pointy.

I love the block Dolores Miller did for this, she printed out galaxies and nebulas for the centers and then pieced these awesome stars.
We'll see how the stars hold up when it gets washed for the first time. They are stitched on, not glued, so I'm hopeful. But if they come off, I'll replace them somehow.
And it has been claimed already by DH. It's a lighter weight than the other couch quilts which put him instantly to sleep because they're heavy and cozy. 

1 comment:

Jaye said...

Hooray for a finish!!! Tt looks great! That star Dolores did is wonderful.