Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Not Much Wandering-Wandering Wednesday


There hasn't been a whole lot of wandering lately, obviously due to the extended shut down of California. 
But we at least got to have one meal, sitting down, at a restaurant for the first time since March. Our favorite teeny little Thai place had two tables set up outside, so we got to have some of their great Pad Thai which I hadn't realized I'd missed so much. What a treat to sit down and enjoy someone else's cooking, somewhere other than our own house. 

We wandered over the hill to my parent's house for an outdoor, mask-wearing, mostly socially distanced family party for my mom's 80th birthday. (My mom is 80? What?! How is this even possible?) 
We sat outside and watched the crows in the sycamore trees, chatted with each other, drank some champagne and had a bbq lunch. It was awesome and weird but at least we got to see each other. And now we wait two weeks and hope and pray and worry that no one got sick. sigh.
Wandering, well walking the dog up and down our street, it's beginning to look a lot like berry season! So there's that to look forward to.



1 comment:

Jaye said...

I would wish that this would all be over soon, but I think that is futile since we all know we'll have to deal with this for another several months. I know what you meant by seeing some people, then hoping for the best for two weeks. Sigh!