Wednesday, May 06, 2020

Wandering Wednesday - Mostly Authorized


 We're still under a shelter-in-place situation here, so the only time I go out of the house is once a week to the grocery store and once a week to go get my allergy shot. Today was shot day and it was so lovely in Santa Cruz. I had to wait ten minutes to see if I had a reaction to the shot or not. That meant it was time to go walking in the very cute neighborhood behind the doctor's office.  I really want the porch that's on this house, or those arches, or both. But neither of those things would work on our current house.
 I kind of want to steal this garden, isn't this so wonderfully done? And it suits that style of house so perfectly. This would also not work at our house, too much chance of frost ruining all the cactuses and succulents.
 This type of not-quite restrained cottage garden is more achievable for me. Except my attempts have quickly escaped the not-quite restrained category and jumped right over into out-of-control.
 A perfect front yard sign. What a lovely white picket fence though. They had the most exuberant geranium plant you can see it overtaking the car in the background.
Standing in line at the sewing machine repair shop with my busted machine, tape on the brick walkway for where to stand. Only one person at a time is allowed in the store, but hey they're open and accepting machines for servicing. Fingers crossed they can fix it!


Look at this awesome sign in the shop window!
Do with less
so we'll have
enough

Take care of your mask.
Conserving will help save lives.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

I have to know the story of the machine. I am reading back to see if I can find it, but I may ask you when I see you.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

It just jammed up on me when I was free motion quilting. Nothing too exciting, just hadn't been serviced in a while. But it's all good now.