Thursday, May 14, 2020

Safe At Home

 One of my local quilt shops (LQS) is Modern Handmade in Scotts Valley. Right after the Shelter In Place (SIP) was declared they started an 8 week row quilt pattern. The quilt is named Safe At Home and it is still available for download.
I loved the name of the quilt, the idea of a weekly row by row and the initial quilt block design and hot vibrant colors. And then I didn't start it and I didn't start it for various reasons.
But now I have actually gotten to a point where I can begin. Hooray!
So...here is my fabric pull and I'm off to start cutting. I may just stick with batiks, but I've pulled some prints too, we shall see.

1 comment:

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Thanks! I just went with what they suggested in the pattern. It's not exactly the same, but by the time I decided to do the quilt, they'd already sold out of the kits. Close enough.