Monday, May 04, 2020

Stop for Safety Reasons

Well, it's that time again, when my sewing machine decides to take a sudden vacation.
I was free motion quilting, and I heard a strange sound that got a little louder, almost like when the top thread gets stuck, and then everything came to an abrupt halt.
The hand wheel would not turn, and pushing the needle up/down button causes the error message "stop for safety reasons" to pop up.

Guess it's time for a trip downtown.
I don't think Cruella 2 has gotten a servicing since her adventures in China.
This is an "after" picture of being cleaned out, it was rather fluffy in there.

And a little update, after poking around for advice online as the repair place isn't open until tomorrow, I figured out that the bobbin thread got wrapped around the take-up lever. Got that pulled out, and now the hand wheel turns in one direction but not the other, and I'm still getting an error message.

I hope Cruella 2 can be repaired, but I will admit to looking at the new Janome machines that are out there right now (wow, so much harp space, wowza) Looks like Cruella will get pulled out of storage so I can still get some sewing done.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

Glad you have another machine so your spree doesn't come to an end! You are getting so much done. It is awesome. I can't wait to hear whether you are buying a new machine.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

I definitely considered getting a whole new machine, but then it seems like a bad idea to spend that much money when it was just getting a tuneup. Plus it's hard to decide what kind to get! Every now and then they have them on the Costco website and I talk myself out of it--next time.