Saturday, May 23, 2020

Double the Fun

Well that explains it! I had two blades installed in my rotary cutter. It was cutting pretty okay, but a little strangely. I kind of noticed a few double cut lines, but not enough to make me stop and check e. I actually got out my new cutting mat and switched it out, because I thought that might part of the issue. But nope, it was two blades instead of one. 

This is a picture of what was between the two blades. And now, I have my new mat out too which is a good thing, they do wear out eventually. The self-healing gradually comes to an end.

When I went to change the blade, I found that the next two in the box were also really really stuck together tightly, so I can see why it happened.

I thought the debris itself was pretty cool looking so I stuck it on a card.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

That has happened to me. I have started to use my seam ripper when I am changing blades. I work it in between the new blades in the package to prevent 'double blading'. It seems to work pretty well. It also helps keep my fingers away from the sharp edges.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Glad to hear I'm not the only one! That's a good idea to use the seam ripper, I was worried about cutting myself when I was prying apart the two blades.