Friday, May 22, 2020

Flower Friday #2

 Another Friday full of flowers from my garden, for Flower Friday #2.
First up is a Rock Rose, this one has been re-blooming for more than five years now, but it always surprises me because I forget that it's there.
 Another rock rose, this one is relatively new in my garden, I planted it last year. If it can survive the heat, infrequent watering and the ravenous deer then it's a front-yard star for me.
Another front-yard winner is this Pacific Coast Iris, such a complicated beautiful flower.

 If I remember right this one is an azalea. It's doing pretty well in a big pot on our front deck.
 Kangaroo paws, so delightfully weird. I love those red hairs on the stem.
 Mini petunias that my son has growing.
 Another mini petunia.
 The deadly angel's trumpet is still blooming, I can smell it upstairs because it's almost up to the second story now.
 A common bearded iris with a daylily emerging in the background.
 This is what a pomegranate blossom looks like from below looking up. It looks so much like a hibiscus flower to me.


 The one Watsonia I have is finally blooming. It's in a corner of the garden I don't get to often, so I'm happy to have caught it in flower.

Santa Barbara Daisy is covering a lot of territory, it's in a shady spot in the backyard. I like how indestructible it usually is.

2 comments:

Jaye said...

Your yard must be beautiful now! So many pretty flowers and such great photos. Paul has just added an app to his phone where he can take a photo of a plant and it will tell him what it is. He found out one of our backyard plants is a privet hedge! I don't know what it is, but it might be helpful for you.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

It is lovely right now, wish we could hang out and have some tea. That's cool that Paul is gardening, some of those apps are very handy. I think gardening would be an excellent hobby for him.