Thursday, May 28, 2020

Creative Cornucopia

Time for a  Creative Cornucopia post I think!

⇻⇺

Time to get ready for this year's ICAD, Index Card A Day for June & July. That's 61 chances to fill up an index card with whatever art you feel like doing that day. Here's the video I made last year of all of my cards:

⇻⇻
If you want some creative prompts to utilize during this time, you might like this "creative care package" from Carla Sonheim.

⇻⇺

Visions Art Museum has been sending out a Stir Crazy creative prompt every week, and some of them are pretty inspiring.

⇻⇺

Linda Gass has posted two great behind the scenes videos describing her research and creative process for a current exhibit entitled "Someday There May Be No More Snow" about the change in the water content of the California snow pack. So fascinating to see both the thinking and creating processes for this beautiful piece.

⇻⇺

Go put your headphones on and test your tone deafness. I had always guessed that I have close to perfect pitch, and what do you know I do.

⇻⇻

The San Jose Museum of Quilts & Textiles has a youtube channel with some really cool videos, especially this Textile Talk by Melissa Leventon entitled Fashion and Anti-Fashion: Reflections on Artwear.
⇻⇻

This is a little old, but Go take this test, to discover your Creative Type.
Apparently I am "The Visionary"

Creative Strengths: Full of big ideas, ability to see potential and possibility everywhere
Untapped Potential: Using your visions to fuel consistent daily action
My Ideal Collaborator is: The Thinker

⇻⇻
A new to me Radiohead song, "Ill Wind" was released early last year, the lyrics of which happen to be very prophetic for the current times we're living through:
Keep your distance 
Then no harm will come 
No ill wind will blow
Will blow

2 comments:

Jaye said...

Sadly, I am not your ideal collaborator. I am listed as The Maker. Very fun and interesting, thought provoking quiz.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

I would have thought The Maker would have gone very well with The Visionary, oh well. It was fun quiz though.