Thursday, September 01, 2016

Fifth Weekly Study Square



Happy September, here's my fifth Weekly Study Square quilt let, just a little bit delayed due to our last-minute Summer vacation (see yesterday's post.)  I'm really loving making these little things and they're stacking up in my box quite nicely so far. I can see the impact it's having my scrap basket and it's limbering me up to work every week. It hasn't become a burden to do them, so I'm going to keep on keepin' on with the project.

I started with a lot of scraps due to all the cutting I've been doing on the daily block-making. All those small cut-off ravel-ly edges of my hand-dyes were calling to me rather loudly and as you can see they played a big part in the final piece.

The words were:
alarming liberating robber invisible grain bronze doomsday

2 comments:

Jaye said...

What a lovely cheerful piece! Keep up the good work.

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Thanks! I'm planning on it, those scraps just keep on coming...