Here's the next week's worth of daily City Sampler blocks, hard to believe I've gotten twenty-one of them done already. I'm finding it's really good to have something small yet fun like this to make me get in the sewing room every day.
I chose an intense red hand-dye and it was so close to the print I was worried there wouldn't be enough contrast. I took a picture and converted it to black and white to make sure there would work well enough. If I'm doing all this piecing, I want it to show up!
I love the simplicity of this one, it all depends on the choice of fabrics.
It's hard not to take group pictures, they all look so cheery up there together. The more I see them right next to each other though, definitely are going to need some sort of sashing/framing for the quilt top.
I liked this one, when I first laid it out the pieces didn't look like they were going to fit together. And now it looks rather wonky here.
I really really love this block. I used a hand-dye that I did using dip-dyeing techniques so there is a pale green through yellow and into peachy-orange. It makes the block have even more movement.
Twenty blocks all together.
I ran out of my hand-dyed turquoise that was the exact match, it wasn't quite wide enough, so I modified the block to have a strip along the top. I like how it echoes the same-sized one on the bottom. As soon as I saw that little print rectangle I knew I wanted the tiger eyes and was super thrilled that it was just the right size. It was terribly hard to cut into that for the fussy-cutting that was required though.