Monday, October 22, 2007

Kaleidoscopes and PIQF

PIQF was super fun this year, the quilts were fantastic, so much variety. I went for the day on Sunday with my friend, Debbie. We met up with some other CQFA members and had lunch and dished show,teacher and product gossip. Very fun, and the food was actually good too (not bad for a convention center).
I didn't go too crazy buying stuff, but thought I'd show you what I did pick up. All the fabric was bought from Natural Expressions, a new quilting and beading store in Los Gatos. This is glow in the dark fabric, not the whole thing though as it turns out, it is like brush strokes of the gitd paint. I'll try to take a pic in the dark for you.



I'm not sure what these are supposed to be, Mexican pinatas maybe? Or balloons? Or papier mache'? Who knows, it cracked me up, so I snapped up a yard of this. I think it would be fun to fuse some of these on a t-shirt.
I have quite the collection of Dia de los Muertos fabrics going, and here is a re-do of one of my faves. In the older version, the skulls were much smaller, and check it out, this has sparkly gold accents, wheeee, sparkles! Also struck me as something that would look cool fused on a t-shirt, hmmm, I have a boring black blank one, maybe that's what I'll do today...


And for the final fabric purchase, five fat quarters, 3 that are peacock related, and two spiraly ones. You can never have too many spiral fabrics in my opinion.
I really have no explanation for why I purchased this punch needle kit. But I am just drawn to this stuff, the texture is really cool and looks so pettable. I started out with trying the black witch hat, but so far, no joy. I think I need a better embroidery hoop.


Ok, here is my very favorite purchase from PIQF. The Kaleidoscope Kreator 2.0 program! How fun this is!! I had a demo of it, so I knew that it was a good program. So easy to use too. This is my first kaleidoscope that I made along with the original picture of Zelda the Wonder Dog. (Who got to go back to swimming in the river this weekend, she's healed up enough now, hooray!).

No comments: