Monday, October 08, 2007

Food Issues #2

Second time around for Self Portrait Challenge this month, all about Food Issues.
I don't have nearly as many food issues as I used to. Thankfully there aren't as many "don't" foods for me anymore.
Back when I used to diet, there were a lot of forbidden foods, which led to all manner of sneakiness, and bingeing. What a huge waste of time and energy! I'm so thankful that I have matured enough to realize that what I eat is important to how my body and mind function. That I'm not "getting away with something" when I eat junk food. I'm in charge of what I put into my mouth, no one is force feeding me or making me choose certain foods. If I have a craving for something, I figure it is my body telling me I need something that is contained in that food.
It is all a manner of balance and proportion now. When I have too much of one thing I don't feel well, so I try to eat a wide variety. And I also am able to not overeat, a hard thing in this land of plenty and bounty.
This picture shows me enjoying a pomegranate (yes I know to eat just the seeds, this was just for picture taking purposes). I Loved how this looked like a starfish, or pentacle (eating wealth!) or sand dollar. This brightness filter really made it stand out more than the original picture.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the way the filter makes the fruit POP!
:-D eirdre

gretchenaro said...

seriously, how'd you find a pomegranate with a beautiful star pattern?

Anonymous said...

Pomegranates are so luscious. For our anniversary my husband found us some pomegranate wine.

Yeah, I agree that putting something on a never list just increases the chance of going crazy with it later.

That is sure a picture worthy pomegranate - I don't believe I have ever seen one so symmetrical.

Deb R said...

I love how pentacle-like that looks in the photo - "eating prosperity"...cool! Great job, Julie!